Saturday, March 26, 2011

POST 73: Eco-FriEnDly And NatuRe LoviNg WeDs

Dearie Readers,


I always desire for eco-friendly, nature loving kind of wedding...
and since today is earth hour day, 26th March 2011....
gals....show ur support..
by switching off ur light at 8.30 to 9.30 p.m ok...
with the tagline "this earth hour, go beyond the hour"
i want to go beyond by creating an eco-friendly weds..
since wed event usually waste a lot of natural resources and also..money!!!




so...ape yg org boleh buat untuk capai matlamat tersebut..??


1) Less Plastics!! Used Recycled Paper...
so, if wedding stuffs involved papers like cards, i'll make sure i'm using recycled ones..
or with ISO 14000...kih3..
i'll also consider online invitation like cyber wedding cards, e-mail, facebook etc...
i'll also replaced plastic bags with kraft bag...
and sure- no plastic make-up....!!! don't want anything fake-lashes, lens etc..



2) Use less electricity...and outdoor weds..
I'm not using hall or dewan for my weds...it'll be either my home compound or FRIM..an outdoor weds of coz..
Night reception, i'll be using more candles...i'm not using any P.A system since there'll be no karoke/kugiran/any weds song...
it means less noise pollution too...kih3



3) Reduce, Reuse, Recycle..
I'll give favors that are reusable-candy jar & cactus..re-use back my dulang hantaran,
i've made bouquet from old brooch, reduce my wed cost...
conserve natural resources (fuel, time, energy) by using local vendors or online..
but still thinking what can be recycle??? kih3...



4) Aim to delight rather than impress
Rather than impressing guests with full-bloomed all fresh flowers, four-foot-tall dais, mercedes benz for wed car,
Instead, i'll focus on my guests’ comfort and enjoyment. 
Thus, i'm sure in this era of over-the-top weddings, this approach will make my wedding one to remember....kih3...

5) I'll choose wedding rings from recyclable golds..
I used to hear about this kind of ring...To mine new gold, it'll damaged local environment...thus, i'll search for rings that made from recyclabe golds...
hmm..where can i find this kind of ring..need to do more research la..





so, hope my dream towards a blessful eco-friendly wedding can be achieved...(^_^)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...